Are you unsure of your rights and the compensation you may be entitled to after a job injury in Hawaii? Look no further! Our team of highly skilled and compassionate pro bono Hawaii Injury Law Rights attorneys are here to offer you a complimentary, no-obligation review of your case. With our extensive experience and knowledge in the workers’ compensation field, we will provide you with a thorough assessment of your situation and a clear understanding of the benefits and compensation you may be entitled to.
Don’t let the complexity of the system and the stress of your injury hold you back from getting the justice and fair compensation you deserve. Contact us today to schedule your free job injury review and let us fight for your rights.
If there was ever a state where some time off due to injury would be welcomed, it would be the beautiful state of Hawaii. Having said that, if you are hurt at work, it can still be very stressful wondering how you are going to pay your bills. Filing a workers’ compensation claim can get muddied very quickly, especially if you have never done it before. A lot of workers avoid using an attorney for fear of a big legal bill, but rest assured, by using a Hawaii workplace no win no attorney fee lawyer, there are no fees unless you win the case. Even then, they are taken from the settlement, so you are never out of pocket money.
Workers’ compensation attorneys work in the same manner as personal injury attorneys. This means that you do not pay any fees unless they win the case. The percentage of the settlement is negotiated beforehand and the final settlement must be approved by the state board before the attorney can collect. Additionally, the workplace may be required to pay some of all of the fees.
Finding the Best Hawaii Workplace Injury Lawyer
Because the attorney is being paid on a contingency basis, he or she will want to make sure the case in winnable before taking it on. When meeting with the attorney the first time, you will probably have about a half hour to make your case. This means you need to have your information ready to go.
The more prepared you are for this meeting, the easier it will be for the attorney to make an informed decision regarding the possibility of winning the case. With that in mind, we put together a checklist of items that you will want to bring with you to the meeting.
Items Needed for a Meeting with a Hawaii Worker’s Compensation Lawyer
- All details of the accident, including where it happened, under what conditions, how it happened, etc.
- Copies of all workplace accident reports related to the injury
- All witness contact information and statements if you were able to get them (otherwise the attorney can reach out to them to get their statement)
- Copy of current employee files
- Bring your two most recent paystubs before the injury (this will help the attorney determine your possible award)
- Supervisor contact information
- Workplace contact information
- Medical provider information
- All medical records related to the injury
- Any medical bills you have received or paid to this point
It is also a good idea to reach out to the attorney beforehand to see if any additional information will be needed.
When you arrive, the attorney will take the information and start asking you questions about the accident. Be as detailed as possible and do not hide any information about the accident, as it could derail the case moving forward.
Questions to Ask a Worker’s Compensation Lawyer in Hawaii
At some point, the attorney will ask you if you have any questions. We recommend writing these questions down on a legal pad and if the attorney has not addressed them, you should ask them when the floor gets turned over to you:
- What attorney will be representing you on the case if you use this firm?
- How much experience does the attorney have in this field of law?
- How successful has the attorney been in cases such as yours?
- How successful is the firm overall in these types of cases?
- Is it possible to get references?
- Who is your main point of contact for updates on the case?
- If the case loses, are there any fees that you could be held responsible for?
After you interview attorneys and have it narrowed down, there are a few more questions to ask before committing to using the attorney on your case. They are:
- With your current salary, how much can you expect to receive in benefits?
- How long would it be before you receive your first benefit check?
- Do attorney fees come directly off the top of payments?
- What are the attorney fees that you will be charged?
- Are your benefits taxable?
- Is the attorney fee tax deductible?
- Will using your doctor invalidate the award? Do you have to see a specific doctor?
- Is Your Spouse Entitled to Workers’ Comp Settlement?
Current Workers’ Compensation Rates in Hawaii
Effective December 1, 2022, workers’ compensation benefits in Hawaii are a maximum of $1,090 per week. Temporary Disability Insurance claims are a maximum of $765 per week.
Do You Need to Hire a Hawaii Workers’ Compensation Attorney?
We understand that you may still have questions and remain unsure if you need an attorney to help you with your workers’ compensation claim. That is why we offer a free consultation to discuss your case. And remember, you are under no obligation to use our legal services just for speaking with a member of our team. For more information, give us a call at 855-633-0888.
Our pro bono Hawaii Injury Law Rights attorneys have a deep understanding of the laws and regulations governing workers’ compensation in the state, and we are committed to using that knowledge to help our clients achieve the best possible outcome in their cases. Whether you are dealing with a denied claim, a dispute over the amount of benefits you are entitled to, or any other issue related to your job injury, we have the experience and resources to help you navigate the system and fight for the compensation you deserve.
We understand that dealing with a job injury can be a stressful and overwhelming experience, and we are here to provide you with the support and guidance you need every step of the way. We will work closely with you to understand the details of your case and to build a strong legal strategy that will help you achieve your goals. And, with our pro bono services, there is no need to worry about costly legal fees. So, if you are looking for the best free workers compensation lawyer in Hawaii, look no further than our team of dedicated free attorneys for a job injury in:
Marine Corps Base Hawaii
Wheeler Army Airfield
In conclusion, if you’ve been injured on the job in Hawaii and are seeking the best free workers compensation lawyer, look no further than our team of highly skilled and compassionate pro bono Hawaii Job Injury Law Rights attorneys. Our local no fee job injury attorneys possess an in-depth knowledge of the laws and regulations governing workers’ compensation in the state and we are committed to using that knowledge to help our clients achieve the best possible outcome in their cases.
We understand the stress and overwhelming experience you may be going through and we are here to provide you with the support and guidance you need every step of the way. With our pro bono services, you have nothing to lose, and everything to gain by contacting us today to schedule your complimentary, no-obligation case review. Let us fight for your rights and help you get the fair compensation you deserve.
Taryn J. White is a legal research specialist and Injury law news reporter. Her current accomplishments include helping those facing any injuries from vehicle accidents, workplace accidents, and medical malpractice.