Welcome to the preeminent workers’ compensation attorney office in Indiana, where we are committed to helping injured workers receive the compensation they deserve with no legal fees for clients. If you’ve been hurt on the job and need the best free workers’ compensation lawyer nearby, you’ve come to the right place to protect your job injury law rights and win the highest settlement of a claim.
Our experienced team of top local hurt at work attorney offices has a proven track record of success in handling workers’ compensation cases. We understand that a workplace injury can be a life-changing event, and we’re here to help you navigate the complex legal system at no cost to you and get the maximum compensation available.
We know that searching for a no fee workers’ compensation lawyer near you can be overwhelming, which is why we offer a free workplace injury review to make it easy for you. Simply fill out the form, and our team will review your case and provide you with a personalized plan to help you get the compensation you deserve.
We pride ourselves on being the best Indiana free workers’ compensation lawyers, and we’ll work tirelessly to ensure that you receive the care and compensation you deserve. Don’t wait to take action – fill out our free workplace injury review form today and let us fight for you!
Getting hurt in work is no laughing matter, as I am sure you already understand. In addition to worrying about the injury, one of the first thoughts that is likely to cross your mind is what you are going to do for money if you cannot return to work right away. The good news is that every state, including Indiana, has workmens’ compensation. The bad news is that sometimes these cases can get tricky and an attorney is needed.
If your stomach starts to churn at the idea of having to pay high attorney fees, put that out of your head right away. Most attorneys will treat workmens’ compensation cases like personal injury cases. Meaning, you will not have to pay any money upfront to hire hurt at work attorneys. The only way they get paid is if you win your case. And, in some cases, the reward, or at least portions of the award, may not even be paid by the client.
Point being, you will never have to worry about paying any fees out of pocket, as they come directly from the award.
Finding the Best Hurt at Work Attorneys in Indiana
There is another way that workmens’ compensation cases are like personal injury cases… the attorney will not want to take the case unless he or she is sure they have a winner. Because they are being paid on a contingency basis, they need to make sure you have a great case before they will sign on as your attorney.
That being the case, you need to make sure you have as much relevant information as possible for your first meeting with the attorney. In all likelihood, the attorney will give you about 30 minutes to present your case, possibly less, so you want to make sure you have everything at the ready for them to make an educated guess on how this case will pan out.
To that point, you should have the following organized for the attorney to review:
- As much detail about the injury as is possible, such as where it occurred, how it happened, working conditions at the time of the accident, etc.
- Obtain copies of any workplace accident reports that were filed
- Witness contact information and statements
- Copy of your current employee files
- Two recent paystubs prior to accident happening
- Supervisor contact information
- Workplace contact information
- Medical provider information
- All medical records related to accident
- Any medical bills that have been received to this point
At some point, the attorney will turn over the floor to you to ask any questions about things you still need to have clarified. Here are some questions you may want to consider asking at that time:
- Who is the attorney that would be representing you in the case?
- How much experience does that attorney have in workers’ compensation cases?
- What percentage of the cases does that attorney and/or the firm have in these cases?
- Can they provide references of other clients the firm has represented in like cases?
- Who is the main point of contact?
- If the case loses, are there any fees that you would be asked to cover?
Once you are done meeting with potential attorneys, you can narrow that down to just two or three finalists. At this point, there are a few more questions you will want to ask. They are:
- Based on your salary history, how much can you expect to receive if you win the settlement?
- How long before you will receive your first check?
- How long can you receive benefits?
- What are the attorney fees and how are they collected?
- Are the benefits taxable?
- Is the attorney fee tax deductible?
- Do you have to use a mandated physician or are you able to use your personal primary care physician?
Indiana Workers’ Compensation Rates
Last year, Indiana passed a new rule that actually decreased workers compensation rates. Now, that may have changed by the time you read this, so your best bet is to check the state page for the most current workers’ compensation rates to see if they have adjusted those rates for current inflation.
Calculating Workers’ Compensation Attorney Fees
Per Indiana law IC 22-3-1-4, the Indiana board maintains jurisdiction over attorney’s fees for workers’ compensation cases. Per that rule, the follow schedule of attorney’s fees applies:
- A minimum of two hundred dollars ($200).
- Twenty percent (20%) of the first fifty thousand dollars ($50,000) of recovery.
- Fifteen percent (15%) of the recovery in excess of fifty thousand dollars ($50,000).
- Ten percent (10%) of the value of:
- unpaid medical expenses;
- out-of-pocket medical expenses; or
- future medical expenses
- The board maintains continuing jurisdiction over all attorney’s fees in cases before the board and may order a different attorney’s fee or allowance in a particular case.
Need to Hire an Indiana Workers’ Compensation Attorney?
If you were hurt at work and need an attorney to help you file your workers’ compensation claim, we would love to help. Give us a call at 855-633-0888 for more information. Remember, you are under no obligation to use our services just for calling us and your consultation is free of charge, so give us a call today!
When you are you in urgent need of a top-rated pro bono workers’ compensation lawyer in Indiana, epert local Injury Law Rights attorneys can provide free hurt at work advice legal immediately. We offer a workplace injury review at no cost to help you determine the validity of your workers’ compensation claim and the potential compensation you may be entitled to.
Our complimentary job injury review also provides an opportunity for you to learn about the legal process involved in workers’ compensation claims, and to ask any questions you may have with the most experienced free workplace injury attorneys in:
Mount Saint Francis
Saint Mary Of The Woods
West Baden Springs
West College Corner
West Terre Haute
Best Local Pro Bono Workers Compensation Lawyer Help in Indiana
If you’re looking for the best local pro bono workers compensation lawyer in Indiana, you’ve come to the right place. Our firm is dedicated to helping injured workers receive the compensation they deserve, and we offer a free workplace injury review to get you started.
By filling out our free workplace injury review, you can get a comprehensive analysis of your case from an experienced attorney. This review will help you determine the validity of your workers’ compensation claim and the amount of compensation you may be entitled to. It’s a great way to get an expert opinion on your case and make informed decisions about your legal options.
Our free workplace injury review is also an opportunity to learn about your legal rights and the process involved in workers’ compensation claims. You can ask questions, clarify doubts, and get a better understanding of the potential pitfalls of your case. By doing so, you can avoid costly mistakes and ensure that your case is handled professionally and efficiently.
So, if you’ve been injured on the job and are looking for a free workplace injury attorney, contact us today. We’re the best local pro bono workers compensation lawyer in Indiana, and we’re here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Taryn J. White is a legal research specialist and Injury law news reporter. Her current accomplishments include helping those facing any injuries from vehicle accidents, workplace accidents, and medical malpractice.