As you probably already know, being involved in an accident is a very stressful situation. This is especially true if the accident results in a civil action against you or if you need to file a civil action against someone else. Legal waters can be difficult to navigate, regardless of what side of the case you are on. Whether you are looking for a personal injury attorney or pro bono attorney in Florida to deal with an auto accident lawsuit, we have legal advice to help.
A FL Car Injury Law Rights free online quote to know the true value of an accident claim to expect, is also most often the easiest way how to find who is the best Florida car accident injury lawyer office nearest your location with pro bono injury attorney services and no fees.
Florida Auto Accidents by the Numbers
Virtually every year in Florida, there are more than 400,000 auto accidents, of which about one percent are fatal. The problem in Florida, however, is that it is seeing a huge influx of residents in recent years, even more so with the COVID pandemic. As the population goes up, so does the overall number of accidents. About five percent of all drivers are involved in an accident every year, a percentage that is likely to grow along with the rising population.
Here are the recent numbers from 2018, before the pandemic hit the country:
- 401,851 total accidents
- 3,150 fatalities
- 254,484 total injuries
- 8,706 motorcycle accidents
- 9,307 accidents with pedestrians
Causes of Auto Accidents in Florida
Like every state in the country, one of the leading causes of accidents in Florida is distracted driving, however, there are several other key contributors to the 400,000+ accidents in the state every year. Some of those causes are:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence
- Failure to obey traffic signs/lights
- Falling asleep at the wheel
Florida Statute of Limitations on Car Accidents
Anyone involved in an auto accident injury, be it a car driver, passenger, cyclist, pedestrian, etc., the lawsuit must be filed within four years from the date of the accident. If the accident results in a wrongful death lawsuit, the suit must be filed within two years. If the date of the death is different from the date of the accident, the date of the death is when the clock starts kicking.
Finding a Pro Bono Auto Accident Attorney in Florida
If you are being sued in the state of Florida for an auto accident and do not have the financial resources to hire an attorney on your own, your options are limited to find legal help. Because it is a civil action and not a criminal case, a free attorney will not be provided by the state. However, you can seek help through other avenues.
Most communities have legal aid services that will provide free attorneys. This, however, may not offer you the best possible defense. While these services are free, the attorneys may have overbearing caseloads or be inexperienced. A far better option is to take advantage of pro bono legal services. The American Bar Association requires all attorneys to log 50 hours of pro bono services every year. Some larger firms will actually have entire teams of attorneys working pro bono cases to pay back the community. This offers you top-tier legal services and your best option to win your case or keep the damages minimal.
Hiring a Personal Injury Attorney in Florida
If you were the individual injured in the auto accident, your attorney will be working on a commission basis. There may, however, be fees and expenses associated with the case. In most cases, your attorney will either pay for these fees upfront and take them out of the settlement or work out a deal where they are paid once a settlement has been reached.
It is important to work get the details of how these fees will be paid before you decide to hire your attorney. Depending upon how the fees are paid can significantly impact how much money you walk away from the settlement with. If, for instance, you agree to pay the fees out of your settlement, you will walk away with less money than if you agree to have the fees paid off the top before you or your attorney get your portion of the settlement.
As you have probably concluded by now, an auto accident lawsuit presents many challenges. That being the case, regardless of whether you caused the accident or are filing a personal injury lawsuit, the best path is to hire a skilled and experienced personal injury attorney. Give us a call at 855-633-0888 to discuss your case. Your initial consultation is free of charge and you are under no obligation to use our services just for speaking with us. If you would prefer to learn more about our free car accident injury legal services in Florida before deciding, please click here .
Simply utilize the short Free Injury Quote form to immediately learn how much your car wreck injury claim is truly worth, with the best Florida car accident lawyer free consultation nearby for legal advice available 24 hours 7 days a week.
Any individual who needs immediate legal help for a pending auto accident claim will instantly connect with the best FL pro bono car accident injury attorney nearby in:
Bay Harbor Islands
Big Pine Key
Daytona Beach Shores
De Leon Springs
Fort Mc Coy
Fort Myers Beach
Fort Walton Beach
Glen Saint Mary
Green Cove Springs
Hill ‘n Dale
Indian Harbour Beach
Indian Lake Estates
Indian River Shores
Indian Rocks Beach
Key Colony Beach
Lake Clarke Shores
Land O’ Lakes
New Port Richey
New Smyrna Beach
North Fort Myers
North Miami Beach
North Palm Beach
North Redington Beach
Palm Beach Gardens
Panama City Beach
Ponce De Leon
Ponte Vedra Beach
Port Saint Joe
Port Saint John
Port Saint Lucie
Royal Palm Beach
Saint James City
Saint Pete Beach
Santa Rosa Beach
South Palm Beach
Sun City Center
Sunny Isles Beach
Town ‘n’ Country
West Palm Beach
Who is the Best Florida Car Accident Lawyer Near Me?
Determining who is truly the ultimate lawyer nearby for a car accident injury claim is essential, but it does not have to be a long or complicated dilemma. In every Florida auto accident case involving hurt victims, the best pro bono car injury lawyer nearest your location will always have these prime attributes in common:
- Attorney Has Compassion – Certainly a most crucial trait of a great car accident attorney is a local injury lawyer who is compassionate, since a victim is frequently dealing with a both pain and stress after a bad car wreck. The ultimate Florida accident lawyer conveys empathy regarding a client’s personal ordeal and demonstates they are fully aware of an accident victim’s true pain and suffering.
- Lawyer Responds Quickly – Every type of injury victim will need a nearby lawyer who is totally concentrating on your specific vehicle accident claim. The very best pro bono injury attorneys in Florida will always respond promptly to any questions and provide immediate free legal advice about a car accident claim case that is currently pending.
- Supportive Attorneys – Expert Florida attorneys for car accident injury settlement claims are involved in every step of a client’s injury case. One of the best indicators of the best lawyer nearby for an auto wreck case, is a specialist in this field of Florida injury law who will communicate with you directly and not more often through paralegals and law office assistants.
- Florida Lawyer’s Expertise – An ideal local pro bono accident lawyer will need to have an established history of success fighing auto insurance companies and winning top car accident injury settlement amounts in Florida. Another key point to look for with hiring an expert in Florida injury law, is the local accident attorney also having successful experience prosecuting car accident injury claims similar to your own case.
- Top Attorney Reviews – The best pro bono accident injury lawyer nearest your location will have top-rated car accident attorney reviews from current and past clients. An expert local attorney who specializes in FL car accident injury law is also commonly recognized by other top Florida lawyers for their accomplishments winning claims for autmobile injury victims throughout the state.
The current 2021 state accident law requires negligent at-fault drivers and their auto insurance company to payout fair compensation to any victim who is hurt in a car accident in Florida. Local Injury Law Rights offices are comprised of the best car accident pro bono attorneys in every location throughout Florida, and are available 24/7 to provide free accident attorney injury help for a claim.
Taryn J. White is a legal research specialist and Injury law news reporter. Her current accomplishments include helping those facing any injuries from vehicle accidents, workplace accidents, and medical malpractice.